Re: Some questions about Unicode's CJK Unified Ideograph

From: Andre Schappo <A.Schappo_at_lboro.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 11:29:46 +0000

On 30 May 2015, at 01:20, gfb hjjhjh wrote:

2. Is combined characters like U+20DD intended to work with all different type of characters, or is it some problem related to implementation ? as I when i write ゆ⃝ (Japanese Hiragana Letter Yu + Combining Enclosing Circle) appear to be separate on most font I use, but if I change the Hiragana Yu into a conventional = sign or some latin character, most fonts are at least somehow able to put them together. Or, is there any better/alternative representation in unicode that can show japanese hiragana yu in a circle?

Japanese Hiragana Letter Yu + Combining Enclosing Circle works fine for me using TextEdit on OSX

André Schappo