Re: VS: [somewhat off topic] straw poll

From: William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 16:33:31 +0100 (BST)

Erkki I. Kolehmainen wrote:

> I, for one, don't see any reason to lift the moratorium on that particular worn-out topic.

One reason is that there is the new idea of using the base character followed by a sequence of tag characters technique to represent each localizable sentence. Thus only one new character would need to become encoded into regular Unicode.

Yet there are other reasons too.

One is that the moratorium was not stated as being imposed either by Unicode Inc. or by any of the people named on the following web page.

http://www.unicode.org/consortium/directors.html

If Unicode Inc. chooses to impose a moratorium on discussing this development in information technology then Unicode Inc. should say so officially and post a policy document and not have this unfair imposition of a moratorium by a person or persons unknown.

Also, it is not a worn-out topic. It is a wonderful possibility for the future.

William Overington