Re: less-than or equal to with dot in the less-than part?

From: Andrew West <andrewcwest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 13:06:38 +0100

On 10 August 2016 at 12:21, Costello, Roger L. <costello_at_mitre.org> wrote:

> Do you know if there is another version of the symbol, but with a straight equals sign rather than a slanted equals sign? (The book that I referred to uses a straight equals sign not a slanted equals sign)

No, but there are lots of standardized variants for mathematical glyph
variants of this sort (see first section of
http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/StandardizedVariants.txt), so
you could ask the UTC to define two more mathematical standardized
variants:

2A7F FE00; with straight equal; # LESS-THAN OR SLANTED EQUAL TO WITH DOT INSIDE
2A80 FE00; with straight equal; # GREATER-THAN OR SLANTED EQUAL TO
WITH DOT INSIDE

Then all you would need is to get someone to support the new
standardized variants in a math font.

Andrew