Re: less-than or equal to with dot in the less-than part?

From: Asmus Freytag (c) <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 09:14:44 -0700

On 8/10/2016 2:08 AM, Andrew West wrote:
> On 10 August 2016 at 09:45, Costello, Roger L. <costello_at_mitre.org> wrote:
>> Here is the "less-than with dot" symbol: ⋖
>> Here is the "less-than or equal to" symbol: ≤
>>
>> I need a symbol that is a combination: less-than or equal to with dot in the less-than part. Is there such a symbol in Unicode? The book "Parsing Techniques" uses this symbol on the bottom of page 273.
> http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2016-m06/0117.html

The one sentence you need in following that link is:

"No, but there are U+2A7F ⩿ and U+2A80 ⪀ with slanted equals which might
suffice. "

The principle seems to be that Unicode separately encodes slanted from
non-slanted less-than-or-equal (and similar symbols), but has not done
so for the ones with dot.

The question would be whether the reason for making the distinction for
the non-dotted code points also holds for the dotted ones. If it does,
this might be an omission, if not, as Andrew said, the existing forms
might suffice.

A./