Re: "Oh that's what you meant!: reducing emoji misunderstanding"

From: James Kass <jameskasskrv_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 19:55:01 -0800

Doug Ewell responded to Peter Constable,

>> then an automated system could translate one user’s message to
>> display an emoji to a second user that more closely reflects
>> the emotion intended by the first user.
>
> Or, people could just say what they mean, using language.

How about some kind of automated system for translating icons into words?

>> E.g., how does U+1F624 β€œπŸ˜€β€ compare with U+1F62C β€œπŸ˜¬β€?

They display identically in Notepad using Lucida Console, but I'm OK
with that. So if anyone seeks an easy method for translating emoji
characters into meaningless little rectangles, there you go!

Best regards,

James Kass