Re: "Oh that's what you meant!: reducing emoji misunderstanding"

From: William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 15:41:36 +0000 (GMT)

André Schappo wrote:

> As Richard Ishida insightfully points out — should Emoji sequences/phrases/sentences adhere to the human language context eg a Japanese Emoji sequence could/should be in Japanese "Subject - Object - Verb" order https://twitter.com/r12a/status/798151134963757056

As it happens I have recently been designing some emoji grammatical operator characters. They are abstract emoji.

The concept is that the emoji grammatical operator operates on the emoji character that follows it, so as to provide a grammatical context for the emoji character.

Each of the characters is designed to be on a 7 by 7 grid, and is one contiguous piece with no inner hole.

Lines are always one unit wide and only corners and T junctions are allowed.

I have now added images of glyph designs for fifteen emoji grammatical operator characters to the web.

They are included on the following web page.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/abstract_emoji.htm

That page is linked from the following web page.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/library.htm

I have attached copies of two of the images to this email as examples.

They are as follows.

emoji_grammatical_operator_verb_pluperfect_tense.png

emoji_grammatical_operator_noun_direct_object.png

William Overington

Friday 18 November 2016

emoji_grammatical_operator_noun_direct_object.png emoji_grammatical_operator_verb_pluperfect_tense.png