Re: A last missing link for interoperable representation

From: James Kass via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 21:11:07 +0000

Asmus Freytag wrote,

> (for an extreme example there's an orthography
> out there that uses @ as a letter -- we know that
> won't work well with email addresses and duplicate
> encoding of the @ shape is a complete non-starter).

Everything's a non-starter.  Until it begins.

Is this a casing orthography?  (Please see attached image.)

We've seen where typewriter kludges enabled users to represent the
glottal stop with a question mark (or a digit seven).  Unicode makes
those kludges unnecessary.

But we're still using typewriter kludges to represent stress in Latin
script because there is no Unicode plain text solution.

NaturalCase.png