Re: verification: RE: LATIN CAPITAL LETTER REVERSED K?

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 12:23:50 EDT

Ar 08:34 -0700 1999-10-19, scríobh Reynolds, Gregg:

>In a semi-serious vein: wouldn't box-score notation be a suitable candidate
>for encoding? It's pretty standard, has a specific syntax, and is spoken by
>millions. I would think other sports might have similar "languages";
>choreographic notation also comes to mind. Any Unicode-related activity for
>such things, or would they be considered private use encodings?

I would consider looking at a webpage explaining the whole notation system
to help decide this, but you will have to find one (authoritative and
complete) for me. I did a couple Alta Vista searches and kept getting like
50,000 hits. Baseball must be very popular.

Are the filled-in scoresheets published?

--
Michael Everson * Everson Gunn Teoranta * http://www.indigo.ie/egt
Guthán: +353 1 478 2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478 2597 (by arrangement)