RE: verification: RE: LATIN CAPITAL LETTER REVERSED K?

From: Reynolds, Gregg (greynolds@datalogics.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 14:42:50 EDT

An office colleague pointed me to this one:
http://members.aol.com/RSHoffarth/scorecard/index.html

Caveat: the scoring system(s) at this site use an ascii string code, which I
guess would count as a higher level protocol w/r/t Unicode, but if you're
interested they'll give you an idea of what information gets encoded. I was
originally wondering about the graphical notation used in the box score one
keeps when at the game; it might take me a while to find a sample, but the
guy at the above-mentioned webpage might have one.

> getting like
> 50,000 hits. Baseball must be very popular.

It's still fairly popular, but arguably not the "national pastime" it used
to be. Statistical minutiae is hugely important for the fans, though.

> Are the filled-in scoresheets published?

The information is published in various forms, but I don't know if anybody
publishes the box-score notation. Clearly I will have to consult further
with my panel of experts at the Hopleaf Tavern.

Thanks,

gregg