translation help desired: "symbols"

From: Gary P. Grosso (gpg@arbortext.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 12:55:49 EDT

Admittedly a bit off-topic, but I'd appreciate it if those
with a spare minute might take a look...

While internationalizing indexing support, we are looking for
translations of the English term, "Symbols" into the following
languages. Additions, corrections, and other comments are
most welcome. ("Symbols" here means whatever the user wants
to declare outside his "alphabetic" headings for a given
language. For example, it might include Greek letters in the
context of English, but almost certainly would not in the
context of Greek. COPYRIGHT SIGN would probably be considered
a "symbol" in any language.)

English = Symbols
French = Symboles
German = Symbole
Spanish = Simbolos
Italian = Simboli
Portuguese = S<U+00ED>mbolos (that's LATIN SMALL LETTER I WITH ACUTE)
Dutch = symbolen
Finnish = Symbolit
Swedish = Symboler
Danish = Symboler
Icelandic = Symboler (I assume)
Norwegian = Symboler
Czech = Symbol [what is plural?], znacka [what is plural?]
Polish = Symbole, Symbolika ?
Russian = ?
Greek = ?

Thanks!