Re: FW: chinese conversion tables

From: David Starner (dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 16:27:05 EDT

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 12:53:57PM -0600, John H. Jenkins wrote:
> >I am working with UNICODE and the CJK market and need to know: Is there
> >any one table or formula for moving from simplified to traditional
> >characters and back in UNICODE? thank you very much for your help!
> >Michelle g.
>
> Partial data to interconvert between simplified and traditional
> characters is available through the Unihan database. [...]

You may want to look at zh-autoconvert (available at any Debian
(www.debian.org) mirror). It probably uses different tables than
the Unicode ones, because the initial version didn't support
Unicode, but it's in actual use at a mailing list gateway at
Debian.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and