Re: Using hex numbers considered a geek attitude

From: James Kass (jameskass@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 18:24:32 EDT

Roozbeh Pournader wrote: (May 03, 2001 12:58 PM)

> It also doesn't work in Word 2000 over Windows 2000 which my colleagues
> are using for preparing their documents. Anyone knows a method? (It's
> really a pain that Microsoft's Farsi keyboard doesn't have ZWNJ on it.)

Thought it should be possible to load ZWNJ into the copy
buffer and copy it into a file using "Control-V". But, can't
figure out a way to highlight/select a zero-width character
for copying. So, tried using Windows 2000 character map
feature. It's possible to select a single character this way,
but for some reason a CR-LF is added when copying with
Control-V. (This is true even with displayable characters
or character strings, unfortunately.)

In my previous letter, I said that the ALT+NCR works in
Word. Sorry, that should have been *WordPad*. ALT+NCR
works in WordPad in both Windows M.E. and Windows 2000.
The NCR for ZWNJ is 8205. Hopefully, Microsoft has been
made aware that the ZWNJ is needed for the Farsi keyboard.

Best regards,

James Kass.