RE: Using hex numbers considered a geek attitude

From: Edward Cherlin (edward.cherlin.sy.67@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 22:35:25 EDT

At 12:28 AM +0430 5/4/01, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
>On Thu, 3 May 2001, Marco Cimarosti wrote:
>
>> But the same thing does not work in, e.g., the Notepad program coming with
>> NT 4. Crazily enough, it also doesn't work in some other Office 2000 apps,
>> like Word.
>
>It also doesn't work in Word 2000 over Windows 2000 which my colleagues
>are using for preparing their documents. Anyone knows a method? (It's
>really a pain that Microsoft's Farsi keyboard doesn't have ZWNJ on it.)
>
>--roozbeh

Is there a straightforward method of getting a macro to insert a
character by number? I can think of roundabout, clumsy ways of doing
it, but I don't know of a VB function for it.

If we can get a macro to do this, we can assign that macro to a key
combination.

--

Edward Cherlin Generalist "A knot!" exclaimed Alice. "Oh, do let me help to undo it." Alice in Wonderland