Re: Using hex numbers considered a geek attitude

From: Vladimir Ivanov (iranorus@online.ru)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 01:20:49 EDT

> On Thu, 3 May 2001, James Kass wrote:
>
> > So, tried using Windows 2000 character map
> > feature. It's possible to select a single character this way,
> > but for some reason a CR-LF is added when copying with
> > Control-V. (This is true even with displayable characters
> > or character strings, unfortunately.)
>
> My colleagues do that in the same way. They will put a ZWNJ in the
> cllipboard, and then use Shift-Insert for putting it in the text. The main
> problem is they will lose that as soon as they want to do cut and paste,
> so they should put it in the buffer again!

I do it much easier. In Word XP try the following:
Insert/Symbol/Special Characters
Choose "No-Width Optional Break"
Then press the button "Shortcut key" and associate with it whatever
combination you like.
I use Alt+J because it is easy to remember (it contains J for joiner).
I used a similar thing in Word 2000, but I do not remember exact terms.

Vladimir Ivanov, iranorus@online.ru