Re: Farsi issues

From: Edward Cherlin (edward.cherlin.sy.67@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 15:36:20 EDT

At 5:47 AM -0700 5/9/01, Michael (michka) Kaplan wrote:
[snip]
>I don't know the official MS story on Farsi support for XP and beyond, but I
>have to believe that the unavailability of Farsi's single most compelling
>market has to have a negative impact on priorities. Wouldn't you agree?

The secondary markets aren't much better. Afghanistan is certainly no
help. Other markets for Farsi would be in Azerbaijan, Tajikistan,
Uzbekistan, and other troubled former Soviet Republics, if they could
get their economic and legal acts together.

--

Edward Cherlin Generalist "A knot!" exclaimed Alice. "Oh, do let me help to undo it." Alice in Wonderland