RE: Roadmaps

From: Carl W. Brown (cbrown@xnetinc.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 17:25:17 EDT

Keld Simonsen,

I disagree with ISO's policy of charging for all of the public standards.
It is a barrier for small developers. If I want ISO 639 codes for example,
I look for public documents. These are copies of the ISO standards and may
not be up to date or have transcription errors because a direct copies of
the ISO files are copyright violations even if the data is a public standard
that is free for all to use.

For a while I thought that maybe we should make http://www.egt.ie/ a formal
standards site and start a trust to maintain the site in the event of his
demise or retirement. (Just kidding)

Carl