Re: Tamil Text Messaging in Mobile Phones

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 11:41:47 EDT

Sinnathurai Srivas <avarangal at hotmail dot com> wrote:

> Again let me point out that the discussions on the pros and cons of
> script reform are conducted at other forums. To disccuss this issue,
> regarding Tamil, you lack information.

You're right, I am not in a good position to talk about the status of
this reform project. So I will bail out of this thread.

I do want to emphasize, in parting, that you will need to ensure your
reform is successful (i.e. has been officially approved by governmental
or scholarly bodies, or has at least achieved some popular usage)
*before* proposing changes to Unicode.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California