Re: Transcribing old documents into Unicode compatible document files.

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 10:38:49 EDT

    Does anyone get the impression WO is looking for a Latin counterpart to
    ideographic description sequences?

    William, I think the answer to your question is that users in a library
    encountering a new typeform simply do not have an immediately-available
    mechanism for implementing that typeform as a distinct character. My
    recommendation: Canon CanoScan scanners run off a USB port and fit in a
    backpack. Scan the document, and deal with converting it into digital text
    after you've had time to create an adequate implementation.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485