Re: Revised N2586R

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 16:17:36 EDT

    As a point of interest there does not seem to be a single
    standardized HALAL SYMBOL though there is rather a lot of discussion
    about having one. I googled "halal logo".

    I also looked for "pork logo". Not much turned up, though there was a
    PDF from the Irish Bord Bia (Food Board) which mentioned some sort
    of Irish pork logo. I have never seen it. There doesn't seem to be an
    international "Warning! Contains Pork!" symbol.

    There doesn't seem to be a NUT SYMBOL used to warn that products
    contain nuts, though there are many, many references to Sainsbury's
    (a British supermarket chain) labelling their peanuts "Warning:
    Contains Nuts".