Re: MS Windows and Unicode 4.0 ?

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 11:46:43 EST

    It is useful to read the standard before asserting something about it. If you
    don't have a hard-copy of the standard, you can always consult the online
    version. In this case, see "3.13 Default Case Operations" in
    http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode4.0.0/ch03.pdf and "4.2 Case—Normative"
    in http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode4.0.0/ch04.pdf.

    >The correspondence of ss and ß is not one of case, either.

    "SS", "ss", and "ß" do match in a case-insensitive comparison.

    > 'The correspondence between "A" and "a" is ... a culturally biased one'.

    If you know of cultures that have case mappings other than what is captured in
    the UCD as described in the above sections, please file a feedback form
    requesting that the specific mappings be added.

    Mark
    http://www.macchiato.com
    ► शिष्यादिच्छेत्पराजयम् ◄