Re: Supporting the Unicode Project

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 06:10:11 EST

    Peter Kirk,

    I am, frankly, astonished. We've been trying to make it clear to
    supporters of the Unicode list that things like the timely addition
    of new scripts REALLY need support in order to make it happen. And
    you chime in to the same thread and encourage people to contribute to
    a *different* organization which already has been successful in
    getting charitable donations from ordinary people?

    And then, it appears, you are suggesting that I should suspend my
    script encoding activities, deal with the (to me) very steep FontLab
    learning curve to get my SMP fonts working properly, then give them
    all away for free, and hope that there's some Germanicist out there
    sitting on a pile of money just waiting for that free Gothic font....

    I really wonder about my dharma sometimes.