RE: Coloured diacritics (Was: Transcoding Tamil in the presence of markup)

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 13:07:09 EST

    Christopher John Fynn wrote:
    > Andrew West wrote:
    >
    > > ... and similar stroke-by-stroke incremental diagrams showing
    > > how to write CJK ideographs are even more common in (Chinese,
    > > Japanese, etc.) pedagogical texts intended for both native
    > > children and for foreigners. I've also seen such diagrams in
    > > Tibetan pedagogical texts, and imagine you could find them
    > > for almost any modern script,
    >
    > Amen. These kinds of thing, in pedagogical texts are
    > illustrative and best handled as illustrations normally are, by
    > using graphics.

    But what about the styling enhancements added to an existing text
    for rereading, such as corrections of typos?

    This may imply things such as <INS> and <DEL> markup elements which
    do really add semantic and structural text or simply coloring
    conventions, including for diacritics, and this is more than just
    adding style on top of text, as plain text is actually removed or
    added.

    << ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside
    Newsletters for me
    You can use it too - and it's FREE! http://www.ellaforspam.com