RE: Glottal stops (bis) (was RE: Missing African Latin letters (bis))

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 02:40:49 EST

  • Next message: Peter Constable: "RE: Transcoding Tamil in the presence of markup (was Re: Coloured diacritics (Was: Transcoding Tamil in the presence of markup))"

    From: unicode-bounce@unicode.org on behalf of Michael Everson

    >>to use the kinds of uppercase
    >>glyph models used in similar instances of after-the-fact
    >>uppercase inventions based on IPA or other phonetic
    >>alphabets and usages.
    >
    >A modified capital P would probably do.

    [??!!]

    Michael, you've seen what they are using. How will the community be served when type designers start creating fonts that have a cap-height glyph for 0294 supplemented by a modified capital P?

    If a band of Rumple-stiltskin Latins from Caesar's administration suddenly awoke from their 2000 year slumber, reviewed the situation and then pronounced, "This 'w' is not acceptable to us; you shall be permitted to inscribe an additional sound from your barbaric northern tongue using an O split in two parts, and one size is adequate," how excited with their decision do you think we'd be?

    Peter Constable