Caron/Hacek (was: American English translation of character names)

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 18:10:29 EST

    For now I can find this interesting page, which shows some dissymetric
    shapes for the hacek diacritic in printed forms (however it is still
    angular and reflects only modern use).

    http://www.typo.cz/_cetba/cetba-clanky-souv.html

    Other references for "hácky" or "hácek" are found on the same typo.cz
    website:
    http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=h%E1%E8ek&sp-a=sp0112ee00&sp-p=any&sp-fXM
    =Windows-1250
    But I can't read Czech to know what it really speaks about.

    Other typographic sources in Czech include also dissymetric hacek,
    with the left side often bolder than the right side, also demonstrating
    that it is normally drawn from left to right (i.e. faster on the right
    side and often longer, in carefully drawn with handwritten glyphs):

    http://www.magtypo.cz/

    << ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside
    Newsletters for me
    You can use it too - and it's FREE! http://www.ellaforspam.com