The last straw (was: Re: johab compound letters reference for Hangul? (3))

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 12:55:33 EST

    Philippe Verdy <verdy_p@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

    >> Do you have access to a Web or FTP site, or some other place where
    >> you could post these relatively long lists? (If you don't, I
    >> understand; I didn't for many years while I was with CompuServe.)
    >>
    >> By including a long list of proposed decompositions in your message,
    >> followed by commentary at the end, you run the risk that people will
    >> skip over the list and miss out on the commentary.
    >
    > Well I'm involved with projects that include...

    Number one, you responded to my private message on the public list,
    without permission or apology. That is a major breach of netiquette.

    Number two, I responded to your 530-line message (including the
    increasingly ironic "ella for Spam Control" banner) to offer suggestions
    for making your posts more readable. You wrote back with another 117
    lines explaining what you feel is wrong with Hangul encoding, with no
    acknowledgement of the suggestions to which you were supposedly
    responding. That is mockery.

    Don't expect me to respond to any of your messages in the future. I may
    set up a kill file against your address in the next few days.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/