RE: cp1362 mapping? [recte: cp1361]

From: Jungshik Shin (jshin@mailaps.org)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 23:11:58 EST

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    > Werner LEMBERG wrote:
    > > Subject: cp1362 mapping?
    > > ^^^^^^
    > > Oops! Must be cp1361, of course.
    >
    > Same thing: in ICU Charsets, look at "windows-1361-2000"

      Well .... Windows-1361 is what's called
    'JOHAB' by Koreans. Anyway, the mapping table for JOHAB is
    available at http://i18nl10n.com/faq/JOHAB.TXT.gz (more or
    less the same file - sans two new charactrs - is available at
    ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/OBSOLETE/EASTASIA/KSC/JOHAB.TXT
    XFree86 also has it in its font encoding directory as
    ksc5601.1992-3.enc) Be aware that the mapping table is based on
    my interpretation of KS X
    1001:1998 annex 3 (JOHAB is NOT a part of KS X 1001:1998 / KS C 5601-1992
    'proper' but is only a 'supplementary' encoding), which may be different
    from MS' interpretation when it comes to isolated Jamos.

      BTW, Werner, I guess you're looking for the mapping table to use in
    Freetype library. For the sake of completeness, it's necessary to support
    that, but I doubt it's of any use because I don't think there's any
    Korean truetype font with JOHAB Cmap but without Windows-949 Cmap. Well,
    there may be some old fonts, but have you actually encountered one ?

      Jungshik