RE: A proposed change of name for Latin Small Letter TH withStrikethrough

From: D. Starner (shalesller@writeme.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 20:01:49 EST

    "Peter Constable" <petercon@microsoft.com> writes:
    > Unicode encodes characters, not orthographic functions.

    And the character is a th ligature. Why do the fine details
    of how that's drawn in various unstandardized phonetic
    alphabets make more difference than the huge variations in
    the g's used in Latin alphabets? If we worry about variation
    selectors here, why not with Runic? In this case, unlike Runic,
    it is unimportant which character is used, and I would be
    surprised if anybody really cares about the fine details.

    Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
    http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm