New Public Review Issue posted

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 17:27:54 EST

    The Unicode Technical Committee has posted a new issue for public review
    and comment. Details are on the following web page:

            http://www.unicode.org/review/

    Review periods for the new item closes on June 8, 2004.

    Please see the page for links to discussion and relevant documents.
    Briefly, the new issue is:

    31 Cantonese Romanization 2004.06.08

    The sources for the Unihan database use multiple competing romanizations
    of Cantonese, while the Unihan database uses yet another romanization. We
    feel that there is no good reason for Unicode to contribute to this
    confusion, so we plan to adopt a single, standard Cantonese romanization
    for use throughout the Unihan database.

    Also, the closing dates for issues #20 and #25 have been extended into June.