Re: What is the principle?

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 15:40:33 EST

    Peter Kirk wrote...

    > ... I have a real requirement. The UTC has the power to meet my requirement,
    > and to do so rather simply. I am asking them to meet it.

    Actually, you are not asking UTC anything. You are discussing the PUA on a
    public-access mail list. There's a big difference. This *is* the place to
    discuss as you are doing, and a good place to formulate your positions for
    eventual submission of a proposal, if any.

    Once you have formulated a position and you actually want to ask the UTC
    to do something or vote on something, then please fill out the form:

            http://www.unicode.org/reporting.html

    That's one place to start. If you have more text than will fit in the
    form, or you wish to submit a PDF or other bulky document with circles and
    arrows and such things to UTC, then please discuss it with me off list. I
    will assist you and see that your document is forwarded and submitted
    appropriately into the UTC process. See also RFC 3718, particularly
    sections 8 and 9.

    As usual, this is all my own opinion and reflects no official policy or position.

            Rick