Re: What is the principle?

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 16:24:41 EST

    On 31/03/2004 12:40, Rick McGowan wrote:

    >Peter Kirk wrote...
    >

    >>... I have a real requirement. The UTC has the power to meet my requirement,
    >>and to do so rather simply. I am asking them to meet it.
    >>

    >Actually, you are not asking UTC anything. You are discussing the PUA on a
    >public-access mail list. There's a big difference. This *is* the place to
    >discuss as you are doing, and a good place to formulate your positions for
    >eventual submission of a proposal, if any.

    Thanks for the clarification. I was aware of the distinction, and was
    using "am asking" loosely. I am undecided yet whether to make a formal
    proposal. Ken seems to suggest that this would be a waste of time -
    although I can see some advantages in obtaining a formal rejection. I
    wonder if anyone else on the UTC or associated with it might give some
    hope for such a proposal?

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)