Re: not font designers?

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 14:10:41 CST

    At 08:29 PM 11/6/2004, Doug Ewell wrote:
    >You've received nine public responses: one from a genuine font designer,
    >two (or more, depending on interpretation) from people who have designed
    >fonts at some time but don't identify themselves as "font designers,"
    >and the remainder from people who definitely aren't font designers. It
    >would be disingenuous to suggest that the other 591+ list members who
    >have not responded must therefore be font designers.

    But we got a glimpse of the diversity that's out there.

    A./

    Not a font designer, and a very a-typical user of fonts as well,
    since for my work I must disregard most of the advanced features
    of the very larg collection of fonts I work with, and my tool,
    http://www.unicode.org/unibook/ by necessity even disregards
    the encoding.