Re: not font designers?

From: fantasai (fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 19:11:30 CST

    Asmus Freytag wrote:
    > At 08:29 PM 11/6/2004, Doug Ewell wrote:
    >
    >> You've received nine public responses: one from a genuine font designer,
    >> two (or more, depending on interpretation) from people who have designed
    >> fonts at some time but don't identify themselves as "font designers,"
    >> and the remainder from people who definitely aren't font designers. It
    >> would be disingenuous to suggest that the other 591+ list members who
    >> have not responded must therefore be font designers.
    >
    > But we got a glimpse of the diversity that's out there.

    Yes. My first response was, why are you sending this out to a list of
    600 members, if not to generate 600 off-topic responses? But after
    awhile I thought, it has the nice side effect of formally introducing
    people and their fields of interest (and in one coherent thread, which
    doesn't really clutter the list that much). :)

    ~fantasai