Re: Unicode's Mandate

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 12:58:23 CST

    Peter Constable <petercon at microsoft dot com> wrote:

    > Are there glyph images that cannot be represented using TrueType
    > outlines? No, there are not (and won't be as long as writing is done
    > on surfaces rather than in three-dimensional space).

    Given enough resolution, I don't even think there are glyph images that
    cannot be represented using a bitmap.

    People who think computer text is only for displaying, not for storing
    and searching and sorting and so forth, tend to think glyph encodings
    would be a good idea.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/