Re: String name and Character Name

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 14:04:52 CST

    Peter Kirk wrote:

    > But there is still no point in requesting such corrections via
    > http://www.unicode.org/reporting.html, because as we have been told,
    > character name changes suggested there are simply noted and ignored -
    > not treated as potential annotation suggestions, but ignored.

    Who said 'ignored'?

    Ken said that requests to change names were were noted, but not acted upon. I think you
    are presuming that the latter means that nothing results from them, while Ken might simply
    have meant that requests to change names never result in name changes. I seem to recall
    cases in which complaints about names resulted in annotations in the standard.

    John Hudson

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC        tiro@tiro.com