RE: What is a Chinese font?

From: vunzndi@vfemail.net
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 04:17:05 CST

    Thank-you for all the advice, this is very useful.

    The font was made using Fontforge - the nearest thing I can find to a
    FONTSIGNATURE are the unicode ranges. These appear to be set
    automatically based on the glyphs in the font.

    A much larger font made in much the same way is accepted as a Chinese font.

    Regards
    John

    Quoting Murray Sargent <murrays@exchange.microsoft.com>:

    > Have to admit, I don't know how the font encodes the FONTSIGNATURE,
    > but you can read about this structure at
    > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms776424(VS.85).aspx. It
    > does include the Unicode ranges, so maybe it's from the font's OS/2
    > table. The font folks on the list probably know.
    >
    > Murray

    This message sent through Virus Free Email
    http://www.vfemail.net