Description of Issue:
This Unicode Technical Standard will be updated for Unicode 14.0. The proposed update is now available for general public review and comment.
Draft updated 2021-02-22.
- Adds two missing Emoji properties
- Modifies the EBNF to fix synchronization problems between the different
sections, be more complete, and add examples where useful.
- Clarifies the notation and adds examples in Annex D: Resolving Character
Classes with Strings
- Adds a new Annex F with guidance on parsing character classes.
- Explicitly narrowed the complement operator [^...] to be code point complement, for backwards compatibility.
- Added information on (a) usage of \q with properties and (b) possible syntax enhancements for \q.
- Changed the ¬ notation for complement to the more standard mathematical notation using the symbol ∁.
- Makes a number of wordsmithing improvements
How to Provide Feedback: For information about how to discuss this
Public Review Issue and how to supply
formal feedback, please see the
feedback and discussion
instructions. The accumulated feedback received so far on this issue is shown below,
or you can look at a full page view.
Feedback is reviewed by the relevant committee according to their meeting schedule.