UC data

From: pierre (p.) lewis (lew@nortel.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 24 1996 - 16:17:00 EDT

It was suggested I send the following suggestion to you:

Another useful addition to the Web site would be pointers to some
significant texts (in the public domain of course) in various
languages encoded in Unicode. A bit like project Gutenburg, on a
smaller scale, but with many different languages. UTF-8 encoded I
suppose.

I have yet to stumble on a Unicode text that goes beyond a 5-liner
in English with a smiley in it. Not very exciting. It seems there
is still far more written about Unicode that in Unicode.

I know there's probably stuff in, for example, plan 9. But I don't
have access to that at this point.

Looking forward to the new book,
Pierre LEWIS

Nortel Tel: +1 514 765-8207 Fax: +1 514 761-8710
16, Place du Commerce Internet: lew@nortel.ca
Verdun, Quebec
CANADA H3E 1H6

He who saves a single life saves the world entire [Talmud]