Re: Tibetan/Burmese/Khmer

From: Maurice J Bauhahn (
Date: Fri Jan 17 1997 - 18:15:20 EST

I understood your complaint about Tibetan to be with how they handled
subjoined consonants...were your disagreements deeper than that? Although
I prefer explicitly coded subjoined consonants for Khmer...the issue is
not cut and dried and compromise is feasible.

I would come down very hard on behalf of phonetic encoding of
makes no sense for processing purposes to use a visual scheme (such as
Thai has used).