International gestures - help needed

From: Winkler, Arnold F (Arnold.Winkler@unisys.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 1998 - 08:04:41 EST

Friends,

This is an unusual request on these lists, but I know that some of you
will have an answer to the following question:

We are planning an advertisement that would show a person making the OK
gesture (thumb and index finger in a circle with other 3 fingers
straight). Could this be misconstrued as a vulgar gesture in some parts
of the world?

Is there a listing of what gestures are appropriate?

Your input is very much appreciated.
Thanks and regards
Arnold F. Winkler - Standards Management
Tel: 610-648-2055, (Unisys NET-385-2055)
Fax: 610-695-5473
E-mail : Arnold.Winkler@unisys.com