Subfield mark in MARC records -- take 2

From: Chris White (Chris.White@mail.bl.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 30 1998 - 09:12:39 EST

     Thank you to those who reponded to mine of 23rd March on this.

     Quite reasonably, there was convergence on the codepoint: the
     subfield marker or subfield delimiter is to be at U+001F.

     There was silence on the topic of the glyph / displayed character in
     printed MARC records. We want to get away from using the dollar
     currency symbol for this. What are other MARC record people using /
     going to use ? ?

     A further thought is that it will need to be something that our
     Cataloguers can easily input via the keyboard when they are editing a
     record.

     Chris White
     British Library