Using *-iso10646-1 X11 fonts with Netscape 4.06

From: Markus Kuhn (
Date: Fri Dec 11 1998 - 05:59:55 EST

I am using Netscape Communicator Version 4.06 [en] - 98225 under Linux 2.0
and XFree86 3.2.

I am looking at the UTF-8 test page

I have correctly installed the Unicode font

as available from

on my X server, but Communicator does not allow me to select this font
(which has a much larger repertoire than the quite built-in
"NSPseudoFonts" that Communicator offers me only as fonts for UTF-8).

Does anyone here know, how I can bring Communicator 4.06 to use a proper
normal X11 ISO 10646-1 font offered by the X11 server for displaying
UTF-8 files, instead of these strange builtin fonts? Or is it a bug that
Netscape Communicator does not offer me the *-iso10646-1 fonts offered
by the server in the UTF-8 font menu?

Email: mkuhn at,  WWW: <>