RE: News of AFII: international standard registry of glyp...

From: F. Avery Bishop (
Date: Wed Dec 23 1998 - 12:27:03 EST

It's also not true for the relevant Microsoft products. Arabic, Hebrew, and
Thai Windows 98 and Windows NT obviously don't assume a 1-1 Unicode
character to glyph model. All versions of Windows 2000 (new name for
Windows NT 5.0) will be able to display these complex scripts (our name for
those that *require* an n to m character->glyph model) correctly.

F. Avery Bishop
Program Manager, Multilingual Developer Communications