Latin-1's apostrophe, grave accent, acute accent

From: Constantine Stathopoulos (cstath@irismedia.gr)
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 16:38:21 EDT

On 2/8/1999, at 11:34 рм, schererm@us.ibm.com wrote:

>i believe that there is not much of a question: not doing the 'right' thing
>because of improper implementations of a 7-bit standard is _bad_ for all the
>reasons that you gave.
>go for B, the straight apostrophe.

Which, i.e. the 'straight' apostrophe glyph, is quite wrong as far as the Greek script is concerned. In Greek - where the symbol and its name comes from - apostrophe is unambiguously depicted as a homeoglyph (or homoglyph in many fonts) of PSILI (U+1FBF).

In fact, I am very curious to see how this one will be resolved as far as international Unicode fonts are concerned.

Constantine Stathopoulos,
Iris Media Internet Solutions.