RE: TeX (was: apostrophe etc.)

From: Reynolds, Gregg (greynolds@datalogics.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 17:59:20 EDT

_Plain_ TeX, you mean. You can design formats that will handle these things
pretty much however you please, by fiddling with character codes and space
factors, font settings, etc. That's the great thing about it, the level of
abstraction is so high.

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, Knuth wrote the whole thing out longhand
before he ever entered a line of code in at the keyboard. Hardly the work
of a man wedded to the typewriter.

-grrrrrregg.