Re: Bestsellers. Previously: Difference between EM QUAD and EM SPACE

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 10:36:15 EDT

The danger of this book is of course that while it will be fun for the sort
of person who would belong to this list server, I am sure it could also
serve to undermine the efforts of Unicode in the eyes of those who will take
some of the more convoluted issues to be a negative statement about Unicode
as as standard.

Its not necessarily a very enlightened view, but we all know that people who
do not embrace ISO-16046-2 have not yet been enlightened anyway, right? :-)

A more neutral title may not make us rich.... but who else other than the
author and the publisher stands to make money off it anyway? <g>

The main research issue is convincing some of the key players (like Ken) to
be willing to do brain dumps on such issues!

michka