Re: Kang Jie introduction?

From: Yung-Fong Tang (
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 17:34:21 EST

Ayers, Mike wrote:

> I am looking for a tutorial or introduction to Kang Jie typing.
> Kang Jie, sometimes called Chang Jie, as well as some other transliterations
> (none of which I('m quite sure that I'm spelling correctly, as I don't have
> a reference handy), is a language and dialect independent method for typing
> CJK characters (question: is there a general name for [hanzi|kanji|hanja]?)

Not really. Chang Jie is really designe only for Traditional Chiense users.

A should give you one Sun. AAA should give you three Sun. (Which mean
Shine) B should give you one Moon, BB should give you two moon. (Which
mean Friend), AB should give you one Sun and one Moon (Which mean Bright)

> based (loosely) on radicals. I have software which permits me to type with
> Kang Jie, bu no idea what to type. Does anyone know how I can get started?
> Thanks,
> /"\ /|/|ike /+yers
> \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign
> X Against HTML Mail Test Engineer
> / \ BMC Software, Inc.

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jul 10 2001 - 17:21:17 EDT