Re: Plain text in Java ResourceBundle

From: David Gallardo (
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 10:44:36 EST

Sun's Java compiler accepts Unicode, but it expects Latin1 characters only
in source files, with other Unicode characters encoded using \uddd
notation. They provide a tool, curiously named "native2ascii" which will
translate source from native encoding (non-Latin 1 and non-Unicode) to this
Latin 1 + escaped Unicode format.

This is according to:

(This is the Windows version of this tool but the Solaris version is
similar). A link there will lead to a table of supported native encodings.

- David