TRON

From: Suzanne M. Topping (stopping@bizwonk.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 14:07:21 EST

Can anyone comment on how widely used the TRON Character Code is today?
After doing some surfing on the topic, it appears to be in at least some
use (primarily in Japan?) I hadn't thought there were any viable
alternatives to Unicode out there, and was surprised to see TRON looking
as alive as it does.

So how popular -is- TRON?

Also, are there other universal character sets lurking out there as
well?

Suzanne Topping
Vice President

BizWonk Inc.
(Solutions for a Global E-conomy)
25 N. Washington Street
Rochester, NY 14614-1110
USA

stopping@bizwonk.com
Phone: +1 716.454.4210
Fax: +1 716.454.4213

Contact me to join the North East Localization Special Interest Group,
an email discussion list which focuses on globalization issues. (Or
subscribe yourself by going to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nelocsig)