Re: utf-8 to ucs-2

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 02:39:57 EDT

On the whole, it is really a *bad* idea to store UTF-8 data in an MSSQLS
nvarchar column. The only thing I would really suggest is that you get the
data out via whatever means you used to get it in, then make some quick
MultiByteToWideChar calls to convert the data.

SQL Server itself does not provide tools here -- this is the disadvantage of
lying to a database engine (you can't expect much help from it later!).

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc. -- http://www.trigeminal.com/