There was this thing called Unicode...

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 09:23:54 EDT

...not so you'd really notice it around *these* parts, though -- everyone is
much too busy discussing implementation of scripts in the ConScript registry
which they admit will probably never be encoded, getting remedial CSS
lessons, or trying to change the face of Unicode with new PUA extensions
that defy my previous belief that people could only run so far off course
before entering the state of what can only be called Bytextosis bordering on
Bytextitis.

Could we please declare a moratorium on all of this nonsense --- er,
considered debate ---for a little while, and talk about Unicode, instead? I
can't be the only person who has gone up to
http://unicode.org/unicode/consortium/distlist.html#5 and considered
unsubscribing, in order to raise the average amount of useful thought per
mail item in his inbox.

I could go on for another twelve paragraphs explaining how lame all of this
is, but I'd rather not be one of those posts I myself have been instantly
deleting (a not-so-subtle hint to the overly verbose).

Think about it.

Please.

MichKa